Friday, 1 April 2016

BIG issues

“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” ~Lucille Ball

Oh I do love my inspirational quotes. If you haven't yet noticed, today I have a really exciting post planned which El, Lou and I have had planned for the longest time ever. It's about..knock knock (who's there?) biggish (biggish who?) sorry not today thanks. The Big Issue? This is my trying to be funny by the way, so anyway we each chose a different topic relating to society to write about which will hopefully make you think about such issues in a different light. To be perfectly honest, even if this post only helps one person, doing this series will definitely have been worthwhile.
The topic I chose is happiness. Happiness means loving yourself and finding beauty in everything. I saw a poster on the wall somewhere in school which read quote by someone who's name I can't bring myself to remember that said ''You are responsible for your own happiness and If you expect others to make you happy you will always be disappointed''. I think that the reason that this quote has stuck with me is because it's something we all can relate to. We all expect others to make us happy and tend to spend time with those who we expect will. But when those people don't make us happy we are all so very disappointed when really it's no more their fault than ours. We all have bad days when we really don't feel like being funny or admiring others. You may be that person who another relies on for happiness and when you're having a bad day, they'll be disappointed that you haven't made them feel happy and therefore, they aren't happy either. Following on from that, they may be the person who makes somebody else happy and when they're not making that person happy, that person has no happiness either. It's an ongoing cycle and that's what people mean when they say negativity rubs off on people.
That's honestly not to say that you should be happy all the time. If that were the case, our world would be full of strained smiles and we'd all go mad from not being able to be unhappy. Sometimes, crying makes everything better and we're back to being ourselves afterwards. We don't always need a reasoning for being unhappy, it's just an occurrence that strikes us off guard. Surround yourself with people who make you feel your best but don't rely on them for it. We all need to learn to become our own best friend which I'm aware is way easier said than done. My best advice is to remember that nothing you're feeling is permanent and everything gets better with time.

On that note I'll leave you there. I hope this has helped at least some of you realise that real confidence comes from within and I do hope you enjoy reading the other lovely girls posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment