Friday, 22 July 2016

Come on and shake it up baby now

 Pssssst, notice my lazy cat in the background?

I'm not the best at cooking. I like to leave that one down to my family who are admittedly a lot better than myself. I can however, put ice cream and biscuits into a blender and take some snazzy photos to make it look better than it really is. Seeing as the sun has finally decided to make a grand appearance and most of the country has broken up for summer I've had an idea, how about I write some fool proof recipes involving very minimal cooking? If you've never tried biscoff in any form, I very much recommend you get your hands on some like, right now! It's like a much sweeter and creamier sister to almond or peanut butter and tastes amazing in cakes, on toast or *cringe* straight from the jar. Guilty as charged.

You will need:
  • 3 spoons of vanilla ice cream
  • 1 spoon of biscoff Spread
  • 200m of milk
  • 5 biscoff cookies, divided and crushed
  • Some straws and pretty glasses 
  • A blender

  1. Firstly gather your ingredients and *try* to refrain from eating them. The best part about making milkshakes is that this is the hardest part. This recipe can also be altered to suit different diets such as using almond/soy milk and dairy free ice cream to cater for  lactose intolerance and vegans.  
  2. Next add 200m of milk, 3 spoons of vanilla ice cream, 1 spoon of biscoff spread and 5 biscoff cookies into the blender and blend blend blend! We found that these measurements worked well for us but you may want to alter them to suit your preferences.
  3. Pour a small serving into a glass and test it to see if you need to add any more/less of any ingredients. 
  4. Repeat step 3 until satisfactory then serve into the fanciest glasses you own. Make sure to take a few sassy Instagram photos and you're done!
Wishing you all health and happiness,
Marti xx

18 comments:

  1. lovely idea! I love your writing style!! I actually don't like the biscoff spread, but my brother loves it, so might make some for him, especially as you can use dairy free alternatives Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you Beth! Ahh I love it so much. I first tried it in Paris and now I'm hooked :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a nice idea, love how there is a vegan option too aha also your wee cat chilling out is adorable aww xx
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What breed are your cats I was just wondering, cause I REALLY REALLYYYY want to get a kitten ahaha xx

      Delete
    2. Haha, that's Avril's and Ziggy's favourite spot in the house xx

      Delete
    3. As far as I'm aware they're just domestic :)

      Delete
  3. Great idea and an awesome post ๐Ÿ˜ƒ You're probably better at cooking than me ๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not :) I did cooking club in primary school and was always known as 'that kid who always cuts herself rather than the food'. I still have scars Dx

      Delete
  4. Gutted that I wasn't there to have some when you made it! THIS CALLS FOR ROUND TWO. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! I have to try this ❤️๐Ÿ˜‰

    Lou Loves // www.louloves01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely have to Lou, it's fabulous :)

      Delete
  6. I love milkshakes! I should definitely try this one :)

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good and your photos are so nice in this post! xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so so good and what a kind thing to say! It's all in the camera :)

      Delete
  8. I LOOOVE biscoff biscuits SOOO much! My mum would buy them for me to take to school and my friend would even ask me to share. They're so tasty. By the way, nice recipe.

    Ps: Found your blog through a blogging friend of mine- BeautyBe Blogger.

    #sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH SAME!! Haha, I love them so much :) You should definitely try this recipe xx

      Delete