Friday, 29 July 2016

It's gonna be a bitchin' summer

Day 1 (Friday night)



After school on Friday, lots of my friends and I arranged to go to out for milkshakes to celebrate the end of a school year. Thankfully, the weather was scorching which made this the purrfect choice. Later in the evening on Friday I went to a charity event held for a past member of my drama club who has passed away. It was a very successful evening held by two other ex-members, Alice and Chelsie, and altogether we managed to raise over £800 for Papyrus which is a charity for prevention of young suicide.

Day 2 (Saturday)

On Saturday I went to a friend's house for a few hours before going to town with my family. I renewed and took out a few books from the library then went on a very bimbly walk home. Our car is currently in service so that means my weekend is going to mostly consist of such walks. Not a problem :) Here's a very snazzy photo of Fin and I in my tree.

Day 3 (Sunday)


I spent most of Sunday morning clearing out and tidying as we're trying to gather some stuff to sell at a car boot sale in a few weeks time. After dinner I spent a while using Jay's new watercolor pencils which are extremely cool and watching The Simpsons Movie (classy) with Fin.

Day 4 (Monday)



Monday morning was particularly uneventful and mostly consisted of pinning things on Pinterest and taking a quick walk. It was whilst I was trying to lessen the pile of homework in my room that I had an idea, seeing as the area around my tree is in such a state with litter, why not do my part and clear it up? So I dragged Fin away from watching The Simpsons (it's becoming a real problem) and headed off down the hill with a bin bag. Let me just say, it was disgusting and we managed to fill the whole bag. The whole area is looking a lot better though which I guess is a start.

What did your first weekend of summer hold?

Wishing you all health and happiness,
Marti xx

30 comments:

  1. That's a lot of money and an awesome cause, I'm so glad to read everything yoou managed to get! You have an awesome tree, too bad it was surrounded by litter... I'm pretty sure it looks a lot better now :)

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a magnificent thing, people gathering together and doing everything they can to donate a little money. It all adds up and I've been told it's over £1000 now!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great week so far!! Mine has consisted of blog post writing and Pinterest 😂 you may have noticed the second part already. Haha

    Lou Loves // www.louloves01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh snap! I love your boards at the moment Lou :)

      Delete
  3. #sad
    you got milkshakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #Isensejealousy
      We've got all summer, I'll take you there :)

      Delete
  4. love the artwork, well done with the litter picking x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Your support means a lot xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good holiday so far, mines generally consisted of trips to town and occasional walks, hopefully it will get a bit more eventful aha.
    Brilliant post as always x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Abbie! Have a good time in Legoland :)

      Delete
  6. Love hearing about your holiday and all the things you're doing! You look so groovy in that tree haha 💗 Wish I could come and spend the holidays with you!! ☺️💕✨

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are such a sweetheart to spend your holiday picking up litter-- we need more people like you in the world. so glad you are having a blast! xX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, how sweet of you Kynia! Thankyou!

      Delete
  8. Your pictures are so lovely! Great post xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where is the tree you and Fin are on because I could swear I haven't seen it when I've been at yours
    What type of camera do you use to take your photos as I'm looking at possibly getting one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well that's classified information. I took most of these pictures with the Nikon D3200. It's a DSLR but you should look into maybe getting a Bridge camera? I used one for a while and it was really great! Basically, it was a simpler version of the DSLR for a lot cheaper and the quality is very similar xx

      Delete
  10. Thanks for helping with the event for Anna x That photo of you and M.E. in the tree is so lovely! Glad you're enjoying your summer kid xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite alright J.A.Y, can't wait for Monday xx

      Delete
  11. Some gorgeous photos and I'm so glad you are spending your time doing so many positive things xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your blog is amazing! I love it! xx
    Would you like to follow each other? If yes, please follow me on the both of my blogs and let me know in the comments of my newest posts so I can follow you ASAP.
    Have a great day!

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these photos Marti! I'm glad you've had such a great week :) Lily xx

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you've been busy! Me too!! Hope you;re have a good summer :)

    Lauren | www.laurenjoannee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'd love to hear what you've been up to Lauren :)

      Delete
  15. I'm looking forward to going back to Tenerife in just under a fortnight!xxx

    Check out my recent?
    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh lovely! I'm glad you have such a nice time there xx

      Delete