Friday, 5 August 2016

Welcome to my humble abode

This is a post that I've been meaning to write up for the best part of a year and I've finally gotten round to writing it..well sort of. I think that the reason it has taken me so long is because I actually don't know what to say other than welcome to my humble abode..
I absolutely love Lauren Child and her illustrations. The prints that I have on my wall here are ones that I have had for such a long time and ones that came as part of an illustrated copy of Pippi Longstocking. All this time and I still haven't gotten around to buying frames for them. I also have a German holiday postcard (it's rather blurred on this photo) that I bought from a car boot sale a little while ago. The illustration on the front is 'Bambi and friends'. It's dated to around 1954 which I find fascinating and has been previously sent to a little girl who isn't very well. The sender talks about her holiday in Germany with her supposed boyfriend and promises the little girl lots of gifts. I also have a scratch off map of the world that my fabulous sister got me for Christmas, some euros (don't ask) and a print from Lewis Carrol's Alice in Wonderland. I also adore books of any sort which means that my shelves, window sill, desk and basically any surface in my room are covered in them. I think everything else is pretty self explanatory, though I can't help  but feel like this post is already getting very personal. After all, I've virtually let you inside of my bedroom now aha.





Wishing you all health and happiness,
Marti xx

24 comments:

  1. as your brother it is weird that i have not seen the picture on your light (facepalm)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's because you're too small to look up :)

      Delete
  2. you've got such a pretty bedroom! I love Lauren Child too & did a project on her illustrations & typography a few years ago. Charlie & Lola I used to love, & I've read her other books too. Lovely lovely post Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! I've chosen her for my artist research for our topic which is Order and Disorder. I need to read some of her books! x

      Delete
  3. Your bedroom is so pretty! I'm so glad you've written this post xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Emsi, I love yours from what I can see in the video x

      Delete
  4. You have a lovely room! I love the idea of a scratch off map, I want one aha! xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a charming room! It's got a very beautiful collection of bits and bobs ❤️ Lily xx

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been waiting for this post for so long hahaha as I loveeee your room from what I have seen on insta and I love it more now!! The art is so funky especially the map and I just love all the bits and pieces you have collected xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rosie, your room is so funky! I love it xx

      Delete
  7. You still got that cent? Awesome post Marti :) Sorry I didn't comment before now, been busy at grandparents house :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post Marti xx your room is so pretty and I love the illustrations !!

    http://holly5901.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have such a beautiful bedroom, I love the details like the chalk board and the really lovely illustrations on your wall! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had the chalkboard for years and finally dug it out a few weeks ago, so glad I did! Thanks Lily :)

      Delete
  10. I love your room! I need you to be my interior decorator ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have three Lauren Child books and have read all of them in one day-that's how addictive they are. And I must say,I love the style of your items in your bedroom. Particularly the layout of the books on the shelves. Super cute!

    #sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post here Marti! You're bedroom is gorgeous! xx

    Love Lou

    Lou Loves // www.louloves01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete