Friday, 2 September 2016

A kitty update



Avril and Ziggy Stardust, partners in crime and a rather tedious pair. They have been part of my life since last October and I can honestly say that I've never been so...covered in cat hair! Ziggy is the biggest, and the clumsiest and not to mention the one who malts the most. He's black and white with green eyes and whiskers sprouting where his eyebrows would be. That's not to say that Avril is any more graceful. She may look a darling but she's the one who starts off all their mad adventures. Imagine her as Margo from Paper Towns and Ziggy as the awkward and clumsy Q. She purrs like a steamroller all the time and has a habit of trying to climb up the chimney. 
The two of them are either all or nothing. You'll find them asleep on a blanket at the end of a bed or asleep on a chair in the conservatory at one point in the day. In Summer they love to sunbathe and as the conservatory is the hottest spot on sunny days, they could be flaked either straight on the floor or on the table! In Winter their spot is in front of the fire. We have a coal fire next to my kitchen which they love to bake in front of. We let my rabbit, Hampy, inside sometimes and the three of them get along fine. They form gang together and lay down side by side. Then there's the points in the day where they have a mad half hour. Chasing each other from room to room and attacking their own tails. 
I also forgot to mention earlier, the two of them are house cats. Avril may seem like a daredevil but the few times she has found herself in my garden, she's slunk back slowly and had to be carried back inside. Ziggy has only been carried out, but clung very close all the while. They love being wherever we are and are never very far away. At night they often join one of us in bed though they don't do this as much as they used to. Ziggy hates being under covers and settles well on top of a blanket. Avril however, is bound to be right next to you, purring under your duvet. 

And voila, those are my cats, as I know lots of you have been asking about them. They are brother and sister and were teeny, tiny kittens when we picked them up from the house where their mum lives. I love them so very much, no matter how many times they spill water over important papers or chew the corners of mum's sofas (sorry!). As for other pets, I also have a rabbit called Hampton who is approximately 10 years old. He has the shaggiest and softest fur I have ever seen on a rabbit and is our favourite old man. If you'd like a post on him in the future, let me know. ;) He is very partial to literature and biscuits. 
Health and happiness,
Marti xx

14 comments:

  1. pretty puddy cats x and bunny !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, they are the cutest :)

      Delete
  2. THEY ARE SO CUTEEEE! I love the pic of hampton reading the cc book! oh also ziggy stardust was the exact name of my old dog and that makes me so happy that we chose the same name haha! :)
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! That's so cool! We obviously have very similar families aha :)

      Delete
  3. This is honestly one of my favourite posts EVER!! Your cats are gorgeous & Hampton looks lovely and very cute. I love how your pets seem to get along so well! It's sweet how Ziggy & Avril love being near to you! My three cats love exploring outside! The picture of Hampton reading Cherry Crush made me smile - in the second picture, he looks so engrossed in the story haha! X

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does! I told you, in many ways Hampy and I are the same person haha. xx

      Delete
  4. I love cats! Your's look so adorable. I have a cat and I am always covered in cat hair, my black jeans will never be the same again aha xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that! My problem is tights, they get so bobbly and get hairy ahah :)

      Delete
  5. By far my favourite post so far :D Our lovely pets xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a compliment! Thanks a lot Jay xxx

      Delete
  6. Aw sooo cute! I loveee cats and I really want to adopt some rescue cats sometime :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous!! They are SO cute :) I've always wanted a cat xx ~ Purple Shadow

    ReplyDelete