Friday, 23 September 2016

So many things I'm grateful for

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” 
― Epicurus


A little while ago my beautiful friend Rosie wrote a post that really touched me, a post that make me think and a post that inspired me. That post was one where she talked about greed and gratitude and why we should appreciate all the small things we so often take for granted. I feel like in modern societies where we are plagued by consumerism, selfishness and the constant desire for more material possessions, it is so important to take a step back and be grateful for what we do have.


  1. The library
  2. Free healthcare and schooling
  3. My family
  4. My hands
  5. My feet
  6. My friends
  7. My lungs
  8. My heart
  9. My mind
  10. My teachers
  11. My job
  12. My immune system
  13. My good heath
  14. Fear and pain
  15. The sun
  16. Snow
  17. Rain
  18. Sunrise
  19. Rainbows
  20. The earth
  21. Oxygen
  22. Animals 
  23. My house
  24. Our postal system
  25. Love
  26. Laughter 
  27. Heartache
  28. Grass
  29. Trees
  30. And finally, the internet for connecting me with some of the best friends I've met.

Health and happiness,
Marti xx

17 comments:

  1. Awww babe this was so nice to read and I am really happy my post inspired ya lotsa lovee xx
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lotsa love straight back atya, thank youuu! xx

      Delete
  2. Loved this, so positive & lovely. X
    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also your blog is looking AMAZING, love the background photo. X

      Delete
  3. Sometimes we forget how many things we take for granted - this really put it into perspective!


    Mind checking out my recent - it's a brand collab ft. floral bombers!

    Alice x
    girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So honest and charming Marti, a lovely blog post. x Making me think about what I am grateful for and trying to make a list that doesn't go: DR MARTENS, CAMERAS, PENS, PENS, PENS... Possessions. Trying to take a leaf out of your book. Maybe just a tiny leaf. A little teensy clover. But a leaf all the same.

    I am grateful for our family. I am grateful for the rain. I am grateful for the beautiful countryside we live in - the rivers and How Hill of course. I am grateful for Leeds College of Art. I am grateful for Jim Henson, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Debbie Harry, Freddie Mercury. I'm grateful for the feet I stand on and the hands I make with, even if they do swell up or get irritated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a postive post!
    Amy xx
    amyrosexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely post Marti! The internet is really an amazing place......

    Lou Loves // www.louloves01.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post definitely is one to reflect on as you're right- sometime we should step back and be grateful for all the things we have rather than rant on about all the things we do not have. By the way, I particularly like the quote you had used to start this post.

    #sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a simply beautiful post - it's really made me think about the little things I take for granted! Number 30 all the way because we might not talk all the time but I always feel like I'm chatting to an old friends when we do ♡ Lily xx

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I really love our chats Lily, and its great that we can pick up from where we left anytime :) Love you xx

      Delete