Friday, 6 January 2017

Imperfection is beautiful

A fitting image, I thought.. How beautiful yet delicate, almost like a metaphor for humans.
Sometimes I look in the mirror and want to cry. These are the times where I can look at any single part of my body and pick a dozen faults. Take my skin for example..I have pale skin, dark circles under my eyes, some dry patches, some spotty areas. On the days when I look in the mirror and want to cry, this seems like the end of the world! The only thoughts that go through my head are: how could anybody find me attractive with such huge flaws? 

In reality, having these thoughts in the first place is an utter waste of time and energy when there are so many bigger problems in the world other than vanity. Last year I made the huge decision to stop wearing makeup which has been a roller coaster of highs and lows in itself. 

It's taught me a lot about myself as a person and also that I don't need to hide my flaws to feel beautiful. To this day, I'll only wear it once in a blue moon to accentuate my 'good features' and not hide my 'bad'. 

And that's the thing...to ourselves, there may be one feature that appears undesirable but to another person just makes you the person you are! I've been on told on numerous occasions that my 'bad skin' isn't bad at all and that my curvy yet slim figure (I'm very small and have a tiny waist yet my bum is big ahha) is nothing but desirable! 

So my final word is: you are beautiful no matter of the colour of your skin, size of your dress or shape of your nose and don't let anybody tell you otherwise!

Health and happiness,
Marti xxx

18 comments:

  1. I love this post Marti! I feel like it is just so meaningful people these days and how much we are influenced by the photo-shopped, filtered, edited etc pictures that we see on magazines covers and on adverts. I feel like anyone who reads this post will be able to relate to it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leah! That's so sweet of you to say xxx

      Delete
  2. Marti, I love this so much. I feel like everyone has something they're self conscious over. The standing in front of the mirror moment is so relatable - but you're such a beautiful person inside & out! Really lovely post, so inspiring! Sorry for the delay with your letter, will be posting asap xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Beth! You are too kind ;)

      Delete
  3. Such a thoughtful post! I can totally relate- my wheatish skin has always been something I've wanted to hide. All the flawless images that the world creates has really got into us. This is such a meaningful post, and the picture fits perfectly :):)
    ~Nurah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so inspiring, I feel like everyone could look in the mirror and sigh but actually those things are the things that make us unique and beautiful xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are beautiful. You are so profound and wise beyond your years, little one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this, but its the flaws that make people unique. Its what makes you individual and yourself rather than any other geezer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so beautifully put Bailey- until you chose to use the word geezer...you do crack me up ahah!

      Delete
  7. I love this post so much! Whenever I look in the mirror and aren't happy with what I see, I just remind myself that all the other girls my age feel the same way and just need to be reminded of how beautiful they really are.

    Gen xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a great way of thinking, and one that we all should develop! xx

      Delete
  8. You, and your thoughts are the sweetest! And that is a most attractive quality above all if you ask me!!! I'm positive God has made you beautiful inside and out! Thanks for sharing!

    Theoccupiedoptimist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say! Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  9. Hey,
    You were using such wonderful words. It's amazing what words transfer. I'm with your mind the perfection is that all of us aren't perfect. For this reason everybody is perfect like the person is. I know also these days where Im afraid looking into mirror.
    Love, Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you can relate with my writing, though it is terrible that there is so much sadness in the world. :( xx

      Delete