Friday, 24 February 2017

Mindset and Challenges


It's been far too long since you and I have had a proper natter. I don't know about you, but I feel like it's about time we put our feet up and gossip. The kettle is on (when is it not?) and we can imagine some sort of glorious three tier chocolate cake topped with red berries and whipped cream...perfect! 

What's new with me..hmm, let me think. It's the end of half term here in England which I must say has flown by! I've been to a big jumble sale and bought some vinyl, written a letter to a little girl pretending I am Princess Fiona, walked until my wellies no longer resemble wellies and made a new Oxfam friend (a very old man with a passion for Jane Austen!)


I've been focusing on positive affirmations recently and trying to avoid Facebook which believe it or not, is not one! This is much easier said than done as there are some things, such as Cathy Cassidy's cake breaks and #projectpassiton, that I like to be involved in but others, such as the negativity some people feel the need to publicly broadcast, that just bring me down. I've found, as always, that reading is a great distraction and I have plowed my way through so many books this half term. There was one called Mindset that I downloaded for free on my kindle which is all about positive thinking and freeing the mind. It's a quick read but one that I would recommend if you're into that kind of jazz.


This tree has appeared more times on my blog than I have!
I've felt a bit low at times and have had to be reminded by other people that life will be life and that you simply can't let small hurdles knock you down on the first lap. Some times it only takes a small burden to eat away at you and leave you in pieces. In the words of Avril Lavigne 'you're not alone, together we stand, I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand.' 

Some problems seem more trivial or of less importance than others but in reality, any problem is a problem. I know that I've got so many people to turn to but it upsets me to hear that others feel they have nobody. I'm here. Whoever you may be, I am here and if you ever need to talk to somebody, the agony aunt in me is itching to come out haha. 





I suppose it's time to get some last minute revision done and catch up with some errands I never got around to doing in the week. I lead a thrilling life... Thanks so much for letting me use the pictures of our rambles Sam! I can't wait to hear from you all in the comments.



Spread the love,
Marti xxx


14 comments:

  1. Another fantastic blog post Marti. I feel although this break from school has gone really fast too! Still it's not over yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you Sam! You're dead right though- there's still a whole weekend of time left until we start school again ;) xx

      Delete
  2. lovely to hear you natter...and these pictures are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your chatty posts! They make me feel so warm and fuzzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved reading about what's new with you. Taking a break from Facebook is something I need to try& do. Gorgeous photos too!

    ps- your hair is so beautiful! what's your secret!? I love how wavy it is! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Beth! You are too kind! xx

      My secret haha? I slept with it in two braids that night if that's what you're asking tehe ;)

      Delete
  5. Loved this post, Marti :) And I love the pics too! I agree about positive thinking, it is the best way to go, and I admire the fact that you've decided to - and actually managed to - avoid facebook to do it :)

    ~Iris
    http://getupandoutblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! I must say, I've been wanting to take a break from Facebook and Twitter as they are incredibly negative and after scrolling through the websites I feel quite meh afterwards. I've been trying to be more positive lately, too! :) Mindset sounds really interesting - I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd definitely recommend looking into similar books- some are really effective!

      P.S. Great name! Tehe, I love books :)

      Delete
  7. Wise beyond your years, madame. xx Love seeing photos of your rambles but makes me want to go and ramble into the woods forever! Darn uni.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also you're turning into Cathy. ;) It's a piece of proverbial cake.

    ReplyDelete