Friday, 31 March 2017

Peace comes from within


I feel like I am being surrounded by toxic people. That may have been the most dramatic sentence I’ve said in a long time, but it’s the truth.

I’m having a bit of trouble finding the good in people at the moment. A few weeks ago five innocent people lost their lives due to an act of terrorism in this country. It sickens me to think of how many people have been affected by such heinous murders. Somebody will never see their child again. Somebody will never be with their wife again. Somebody will never work with their colleague again.

The worst thing of all is that these people did nothing to provoke the attack. They were completely ordinary people like you and me. We are incredibly lucky for every day we live on this earth, yet we can’t seem to grasp what that really means.

To see so much negativity and idleness in people infuriates me.  I understand that we all have our own set of problems, and I’m definitely not telling you that they aren’t an issue, but with so much conflict going on in the world around us, why can’t we all try to make peace and be positive?

Negativity is toxic and your mood rubs off on those around you. Whatever pain you are going through, however tough it may be, will end. Suffering is inevitable but like everything, is not permanent. Seek help from somebody if you need to but please, please don’t burden other people with your negative thinking.

In summary, what I’m saying is that life is way too short to be spent feeling sad.  It’s something I’ve witnessed way too much recently and something that needs to change. Please talk to somebody if you feel this way and learn to carpe diem.

Oh, and here' some links you should check out :)



4 comments:

  1. love this, Marti. so so awful about the attack & my heart goes out to everyone effected xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that negativity brings other people down and that it's no fun to be surrounded by, but if only it were possible to CHOOSE happiness every time we were sad/upset/annoyed... sometimes you just feel the way you do and you shouldn't try and mask that or lie to yourself that it doesn't matter/isn't worth you feeling that way. Idk, something to debate! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The points you have made are completely valid and I can see this side well BUT our world is crammed with negativity. We all feel sad/upset/annoyed at times and find it hard to CHOOSE happiness but I think that there are too many people who don't do anything to change this.

      You can choose happiness if you put your mind to it and although you shouldn't try and mask your pain or lie to yourself that it doesn't matter, it truly fascinates me that people don't make attempts to move on from their suffering.

      This is just how I feel, thanks for the debate aha :) xx

      Delete