Friday, 10 March 2017

Who are you?

'Who's that?' 'Who are you?' 'Who's he?'


These are all somewhat basic questions which are usually answered with a brief answer. 'That's Dave,' one might answer. 'I'm Dave,' he might reply. After this introduction, both parties tend to be mutually acquainted. 

The thing is, the assumption that by knowing the name of a person, you automatically 'know' the person is a completely appalling concept. Even after hours of small talk and 'getting to know' the person, is it really the person you know or is it their social facade? 

You might find out that his full name is David Green; he's an entrepreneur with two kids and a dog called Rover. His favourite colour is orange and he plays the flute.

That's all well and good, but you don't know anything beyond this information. What is he passionate about? Does he strive to make a positive change to the world his kids will grow up in? Is he actively supporting those who do? I'm not sure whether this makes any sense to anybody excluding myself but I thought I'd share regardless in case somebody agrees with me. 

I am thankful for the fact that I have a strong concept of who I am as a person. I am not just and will never be just 'Marti' for my soul holds so many different alternate passions and dreams.

 That's one of the reasons why I'm so glad I have a unique name: I will never be defined. There will always be so much more to a person that a name or some trivia.

I hope that made some sense to somebody tehe ;)
Love, Marti xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post. There are so many people who judge you and think they know you from talking to you once or spending a shorter amount of time. There is so much more in every single one of us that only few will get to know.

    Have a great week Marti! xx

    Tea | moonshinefaerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind Tea! I'm glad you agree with me :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I believe everyone has a story, and sometimes people misunderstand them. I totally agree with you. I find it surprising that people claim to know you when they barely do. Great post :):)
    -Nurah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this, Marti. I never really thought about it like that, but your post really got me thinking. I agree, now that I think about it. We don't really know the people from meeting them once or twice, even though we may say, "Oh yeah, I know that guy" and we make judgements based off of what we have heard/talked about with them, when really we have no right!

    Also, I nominated you for the "one lovely blogger" award. Details can be found on my blog if you're interested :)

    ~Iris xox
    http://getupandoutblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so sweet- thank you so much! xxx

      Delete